Monday, October 01, 2007

Hong Kong

After a sweet wedding and a 15 hour plane flight, Hilary and I are at the first stop on the honeymoon. We have a 2 hour layover here in Hong Kong before we continue on to Singapore. From there we go to Phuket to get the vacation started properly. I am writing this from the Singapore Air Lounge in Honk Kong. Took us way to long to find it, probably should have asked someone instead of leaving security which made for a long trip back in. We are eating some Dim Sum and having a breakfast beer. It is probably night time in our internal clock, so I think this is ok. I will post some pictures once I find a computer with a USB port. Highlights of the trip so far:

The Plane:
We are upstairs on a 747-400, how cool is that? Business class is pretty sweet. I want to sneak a peek at 1st class when we get back on the plane, I assume there is a hot tub up there or something.

The Food:
I had the seafood soup and Hilary had the smoked duck. I don't think either was supposed to be paired with the Cabernet or the Chianti that we drank, but it was good anyway. Breakfast was some Dim Sum. One part of that was a rice dish wrapped in a banana leaf. For future reference: Banana leaf is not meant to be eaten. Use knife to open, not teeth. I was very glad only Hilary saw that gaff.

The Movies:
1) "The Simpson's movie" This was way better than I was afraid it would be.
2) "Sunshine" pretty cool space adventure / horror flick that I had never heard off. Good job Fox Searchlight!
3) "Mr. Brooks" How have I never heard of this movie? Demi Moore, William Hurt, Kevin Costner, Dane Cook. I thought I hated Kevin Costner, but this was very entertaining.

Hilary also watched Spiderman 3 and Hairspray. She will have to update this to let you know what she thought.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey guys! Boston's chilly and 59 degrees. We're getting ready to watch the Pats take on the formidable Bengals offense; Ned,it won't be the same without your encyclopedic knowledge of the NFL.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home