Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane

Damn, I cannot believe that the honeymoon is officially over. We are in the Bangkok airport waiting to take off on a very long flight direct to JFK. I just found out that the Sox are down 3-1 in the playoffs. Luckily, I think I will be home in time to watch them start the comeback tomorrow night!

I apologize for the long absence from reporting on the trip, but after Amanpuri, the accommodations were more sparse (ie little or no internet).

I will get some pictures and some more detailed descriptions up here when I get home. Here is a brief summary of some of the stuff I have done since the last time a wrote:

Thai cooking class
Swim in waterfall
Sleep in hill villiage with pigs and chickens and cows
Ride an elephant
Ride on the head of an elephant
Ride a bamboo raft
Take an overnight train to Bangkok
See a whole bunch of temples
Eat all manor of street food, some of which I could not identify
Get 'taken for a ride' by a tuk-tuk (Hilary has a very nice necklace to show for it)
Watch two 15 year old boys beat the snot out of each other

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home